Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
I use to buy every cooking magazine I could find. This is a clipping from one of them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope dry sour cream sauce mix
- milk, according to package directions
- Mix ground beef lightly with 1/4 cup tomato sauce, bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire, onion and salt until well blended; shape into 4 patties about 1-inch thick.
- Pan-fry over medium heat in butter until brown on both sides.
- Blend sour-cream sauce mix with milk, following label directions; stir in remaining tomato sauce; pour over patties; cover.
- Simmer basting several times, 25 minutes.