Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 5 mins
Easy, delicious, moist cake that is always a hit. My husband loves to have this in the morning for breakfast.
- Combine cake mix, sugar, eggs, oil, and sour cream in mixer until smooth.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Is a separate bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Grease a bundt pan with butter then line with flour.
- put 1/3 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture in the bottom of the pan.
- Put 1/2 the cake batter in the pan.
- Place another 1/3 of the brown sugar/cinnamon mixture on the batter.
- Place the other 1/2 of the cake batter on top.
- Top with remaining 1/3 brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes.
I made this cake this weekend . I really thought that it turned out great. Instead of the full cup of nuts I only added a 1/2 cup and I used pecans instead of the walnuts.But, then I am from the south.My aunt who is in a nursing home loved it.She said that it reminded her of my grandma's sock-it-to-me cake.My mom loved it.The guy who I am dating does not like cinnamon that much and he loved the cake.So I think that it should be on the tops of anybodys to make list.It is simple to make and smells good while cooking.I did change one thing about the cake.I made an icing for it using powder sugar and warm milk and just a little vanilla extract like my grandma used to make for her cakes.Thanks for a great cake and bringing back some family memories!!! I will be making this again soon!