Sour Cream Brownies With Chocolate Velvet Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; spray the bottom only of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the brownie mix, melted butter, sour cream, and eggs with a wooden spoon until just blended and add dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; bake 40-44 minutes or until pick comes out clean or almost clean (do not overbake).
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make frosting: in a medium saucepan set over low heat, combine the butter and chocolate chips; cook and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes; whisk in sour cream.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, whisking until blended, shiny, and smooth.