Prep 20 mins
Cook 44 mins
Moist brownie with luscious frosting.
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package brownie mix
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (not reduced fat)
- 2 large eggs
Chocolate Velvet Frosting
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°; position oven rack in the lower third of the oven; spray the bottom only of an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix the brownie mix, melted butter, sour cream, and eggs with a wooden spoon until just blended and add dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; bake 40-44 minutes or until pick comes out clean or almost clean (do not overbake).
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Make frosting: in a medium saucepan set over low heat, combine the butter and chocolate chips; cook and stir until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes; whisk in sour cream.
- Gradually add powdered sugar, whisking until blended, shiny, and smooth.