- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 cups unsifted flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter and chocolate with water; cool.
- Combine dry ingredients; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, beat sour cream, eggs, vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Add flour mixture; beat until smooth.
- Add nuts if desired.
- Pour into greased and floured 15x10-inch baking pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In small mixing bowl, beat all frosting ingredients together until smooth.
- Frost cake and refrigerate.