Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found in a church cookbook of mine from 2005
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (cut up) or 1 lb bacon (cut up)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Brown meat and drain. Spread meat into 9x13 pan.
- Spread sour cream evenly over meat using spatula. Pour eggs over sour cream and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
This is a nice brunch souffle. We used shredded monterey jack & cheddar for the topping. This souffle' puffed up beautifully, yet upon tasting the finished dish, we felt it needed 'something'. Perhaps some salsa, or fresh dill. The directions are spot on and I made a 2-serving portion using my toaster oven. Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)