Recipe by N@
After trying a lot of really bland white bread recipes for bread makers, I found this one in the original Black and Decker book that came with my machine. It's by far the best recipe I've tried. The bread tastes like a fresh bakery loaf and is almost impossible to resist hot out of the machine with butter. Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 white flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Pop all the ingredients into the baking pan.
- 2. I use "Regular Light Crust" setting but recipe calls for "French Bread" setting.
- 3. Press start and hang around the machine asking, "Is it done yet? Is it done yet?" for a couple of hours.
- 3. Try not to eat a slice the second you take it out of the machine.