Recipe by morningglory
This is an absolutely fabulous recipe. My whole family loves it. Try it toasted with butter and jam. YUMMY!
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I've made this recipe twice since I printed it out on 6/21/2011. The first time I made this I only had one cup of sour cream and did as Deb's Recipes did, I used 1/2 cup to make up the difference.But the second time I made this and used the full amount of sour cream,and I do believe it turned out much better.Since I like to bake my bread in the oven, I just added all the ingredients to the machine and let the dough cycle do all the hard work.After removing the dough,I gave it a second kneading for about 10 minutes or so.Then the dough was placed into a greased loaf pan and left to rise again in a warm place for an hour. Baked at 350 degrees for about 35 to 40 minutes.To prevent the crust from getting too dark,after baking for 20 minutes I covered it loosely with some aluminum foil. The taste was just perfect and sliced beautifully.Thanks for posting a recipe that will be made again and again. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream, room temperature
- 3 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons packed brown sugar (any kind)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Rapid cook, medium crust.
- Place ingredient into bread machine as per manufacturer's instructions.
- I don't usually have the sour cream at room temperature and I never have any problems with it.
- The one thing I watch for is that the flour tends to hide in the corners of my machine.
- I just use a spatula and gently push it into the dough.