Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This muffin recipe came from an advertisement for Breakstone dairy products. It is moist and flavorful and not too sweet.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup bran flakes (I sometimes use raisin bran)
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped apple
- preheat oven to 375. grease muffin tin.
- Combine sour cream, butter and egg. Add bran flakes, let stand till softened.
- Add combined dry ingredients, mixing till just moistened.
- Fold in apples.
- (As with most muffin recipes, you could fold in 1/2 cup chopped nuts here as well).
- Spoon into greased muffin cups, filling cups 3/4 full.
- Bake at 375 25 minutes.
I have been looking forever for this recipe! I used to make it so much I knew it by heart but then stopped and lost in several moves. This is the BEST recipe! You can bake it so the top comes out crispy. I used to walk far out of my way for a muffin that tasted like this when I worked in Manhattan at a bakery called La Croissant - and I made this muffin much the same. I used whole wheat flour to increase the fiber content with no detriment to the texture. THANK YOU for giving me back my bran muffin! It was called Sunday Morning Muffins in the Breakstone Ad - but Breakstone/Kraft - does NOT have it on their website where I have hunted for it far and wide. Thank you Thank you thank you!
Yummo!!! Best,lightest muffins. Gorgeousness in every bite! I grated the apple and added some raisins.
I thought these muffins were good, they were dense and didn't rise very much, but they were tasty.