1/5 Photos of Sour Cream Bran Muffins
Diana #2's Note:
From Epicurious.com, this muffin is described as the "Rolls Royce of Bran Muffins". They aren't kidding either. I would never have believed that you could have a light and fluffy bran muffin. This is the BEST recipe I've ever tried. No need to look any further.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together butter and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- 2Beat together egg, sour cream, and molasses. Stir in the raisins.
- 3In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and bran.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the sour cream mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined. (The batter will be lumpy.)
- 5Spoon into 12 paper lined muffin tins.
- 6Bake at 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 7I baked mine 6 at a time in the toaster oven -- took 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Bran Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (66 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.9
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 25.4 mg
- Sodium 237.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g