Recipe by Diana #2
From Epicurious.com, this muffin is described as the "Rolls Royce of Bran Muffins". They aren't kidding either. I would never have believed that you could have a light and fluffy bran muffin. This is the BEST recipe I've ever tried. No need to look any further.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
these baked out very nice with a great bran flavor but definately needs way more sugar than 1/4 cup and so I did add in more, these were chosen and made for Kittencalskitchen forum Nutin But Muffins tag game event, thanks Galley!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup natural bran (I used Quaker brand)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream together butter and brown sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat together egg, sour cream, and molasses. Stir in the raisins.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and bran.
- Add the dry ingredients to the sour cream mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined. (The batter will be lumpy.)
- Spoon into 12 paper lined muffin tins.
- Bake at 400°F oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
- I baked mine 6 at a time in the toaster oven -- took 15 minutes.