Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Make ahead for those Sunday brunches, or that midday snack.
Top Review by NewEnglandCook
Nice fun recipe to make. This came out very dense. Once cooled, it fell and came way from the pan. I used a ring mild pan. The cake came out very dense and moist. (see Photos) I will try it again as it was a hit. Thanks for submitting it.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pint fresh blueberries or 1 pint frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 teaspoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add 1/2 cup sugar, beating 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and next 3 ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating until blended. Pour batter into a lightly greased 9-inch spring-form pan.
- Combine blueberries and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 35 to 40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and cool on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Whisk together powdered sugar and milk until smooth. Drizzle over cake.