Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
This dessert bread puts boring ole' banana bread to shame for sure! This recipe is amazing. The use of bananas/sour cream makes it as light as cake, and the sweetness of the bananas and sugar gives it a delightfully light and crunchy crust. I tried it when full and almost had an entire half-loaf. Only use fresh or frozen blueberries(they won't burst or go runny in this bread!), not dried. Mine were days old, but this recipe still brought them back to life! I don't have a food process, so I make the "banana pulp" using a fork and my hands. I also prefer (Emerald brand) glazed pecans, fist-crushed(but only slightly) in a ziplock, b/c normal ones taste too woody and drab for my taste. Another winner from Williams-Sonoma! *makes one 9-by-5-inch loaf*
- 2 medium-ripe bananas
- 473.18 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 236.59 ml fresh blueberries
- 1) Preheat the oven to 350°F Grease a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- 2) Mash the bananas well with a fork or coarsely purée them in a food processor. Measure out 1 cup and set aside.
- 3) In a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nuts. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, sour cream, vanilla, butter, and the 1 cup mashed banana pulp. Make a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the banana mixture. Stir together the wet and dry ingredients just until combined. The batter should be slightly lumpy. Gently fold in the blueberries, taking care not to break them up. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake until the top of the bread is firm to the touch and a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean, 50-60 minutes(It takes 53 minutes in my pre-heated convection oven). Let cool in the pan on a rack for 30 minutes. Turn the loaf out onto the rack and let cool completely.
This was the exact perfect recipe that I was looking for! I make them into muffins for my Bed n Breakfast, and they are loved by all! Thank you for sharing, I didn't change the recipe at all, just made them into muffins instead of loaves. Will continue to make again and again!