Recipe by Kanzeda
I haven't had a chance to try these out yet, let me know what you think. The recipe clipping says it makes 16 biscuits at 8 cents each. Sounds like a good deal.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup cold unsalted butter, in pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, powder, salt and soda in bowl, with pastry blender (or knives) cut in butter.
- Whisk milk and sour cream in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add to flour mixture, stir just until dough forms.
- Knead if necessary to mix.
- Shape into a disk.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 30 minutes, up to 2 hours.
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll dough out on floured surface 1/2 inch thick.
- Cut out biscuits with 2 1/2 inch cutter.
- Place on baking sheet.
- Reroll scraps; cut.
- Bake at 425 for 12 minutes until golden brown.