Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Tasty sour cream biscuits for those of us who don't happen to have Bisquik on hand... :)
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat oven to 450.
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- Cut in crisco until small crumbs form.
- Add sour cream and stir only until entire mixture is moistened.
- Turn onto floured surface, grease hands, and knead about 10 times.
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheet in 1 1/2 inch diameter, 3/4 inch thick mounds.
- Bake 10-12 minutes.
Excellent biscuit recipe! I substituted real butter for the Crisco and the biscuits turned flavorful, light, and moist. Absolutely terrific!
This morning I wanted biscuits and watermelon rind preserves with coffee for breakfast. The only thing I didn't have was milk or buttermilk. I prefer buttermilk biscuits, but only had sour cream. What a pleasant surprise I had when I took my first bite! These are light and tasty. I made a full recipe, but I split the dough in half and added shredded cheese, chives, garlic, and parsley to half and left the other half as written. I roughly hand molded the cheesy biscuits, but dropped the other half of the dough in mounds. I like my breads, this recipe included.
This recipe is great thanks for reminding me how much I enjoying biscuits. Its been a long time