1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Biscuit
Chef Dudo's Note:
Sour cream replaces the butter in this biscuit. I love them warm straight out of the oven with a cup of tea. Served with jam they are scrumptious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F
- 2In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- 3Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the sour cream until the mixture forms coarse pieces
- 4Add milk and stir the mixture with a fork until most of the dry ingredients have been moistened.
- 5Turn the batter on the counter and knead and fold until the dough is formed.
- 6Do not knead longer than necessary
- 7Roll or pat the dough to about 3/4-inch thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter or a glass.
- 8Place biscuits on a greased baking sheet with edges touching
- 9Bake for about 16 minutes or until the tops are just golden brown and biscuits sound hollow when gently tapped.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Biscuit
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.2
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.4 mg
- Sodium 207.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 3.5 g