Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This comes from a Gay Lea pamphlet I received this summer. I've never used sour cream in baking and found this to be very good.You can cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days and sprinkle with icing sugar and whipped cream before serving
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup blackberry
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 (500 g) container sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon orange rind, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a bowl, whisk together first 3 ingredients. Whisk together butter, 2 eggs, and vanilla: pour over flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Press mixture into a 9 inch square baking pan that has been lined with waxed paper. Sprinkle with berries.
- For Sour Cream Layer: In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, remaining 1/2 Celsius sugar, 1 tablespoons flour and orange rind. Pour over top of mixture in baking pan.
- Bake in oven for about 1 hours or until light golden and firm on top but still jiggly in center.
- Cool completely before serving.