Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from a high school friend’s mother, and these are THE BEST enchiladas. They are definitely not good for you, but who cares--they taste AWESOME. A favorite with my kids.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- salsa (optional)
- Brown meat, then drain grease.
- Add taco seasoning and ½ green chilies.
- Combine sour cream, soup, and other ½ chilies in a saucepan and heat through.
- Pour enough soup mixture into a 9 x 13” pan to coat bottom.
- Heat tortillas 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Fill tortillas with meat mix, wrap, and place in pan.
- Pour the rest of the soup mixture over the top of tortilla wraps and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees; for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and soup is bubbling on the sides.
- Serve with salsa, if desired.
Just made this tonight. These came out delicious and the best part was my little ones ate two plates. I paired these with a garlic, butter rice and a spicy sweet potato side. Definately put on our monthly meal planner..
This is almost the same recipe that my mother makes. The only difference is her's doesn't have the diced chilies in it. I absolutely love this recipe, it is both easy to make and tastes great.
Wow!!! Talk about easy to make and yummy! This is one of those recipes that takes about 2 seconds to make and you get all kinds of raves for it like you were in the kitchen forever!! I threw in my own spices in place of the packet taco seasoning. I used chipotle chile pepper, dried crushed jalapeno, a pinch of ancho chile powder, pinch of cinnamon, and a pinch of epazote. Served with recipe#54043 for a light balance to the meal. Love all the compliments I got on this one for not a lot of work, thanks!!!!!!!!