1/2 Photos of Sour Cream Banana Muffins
zany artist's Note:
A lovely recipe, developed by me, tonight in my kitchen! A touch of ground cinnamon and fresh nutmeg add a zesty flavor to this new twist on a classic favorite.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups bananas (very ripe, mashed)
- 3/4 cup margarine (would be great with butter too)
- 3 cups flour (I used unbleached, would be great with whole wheat too)
- 3/4 cup wheat germ (shh, don't tell!)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons nutmeg (I used freshly grated, try it!)
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Soften butter or margarine to almost melted state, add peeled bananas and mash together.
- 3Add sour cream, stirring together.
- 4Add wheat germ, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt,grated nutmeg, cinnamon and eggs.
- 5Stir until well blended.
- 6Place into lined or greased muffin tins. I used 24 regular sized (2 pans) and 12 small (1 pan holding 12 muffins)for a total of three pans.
- 7Place into oven, two large muffin pans together on one rack, and one small muffin pan on rack alone.
- 8Bake for 20-24 minutes, depending on your oven, testing with toothpick;when it comes out clean, they are done. They can be lighter on top and still be fine.
- 9Turn unlined muffins onto rack, and remove lined muffins as well, onto rack.
- 10Cool a little bit (be careful, don't burn your mouth!)until ready to eat.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Banana Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 27
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 140.7
- Calories from Fat 66
- Total Fat 7.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.4 mg
- Sodium 274.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g