Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
A low fat banana bread. Only 2 points per slice.
- 1⁄4 cup light butter
- 1 1⁄3 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and Splenda until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.
- Alternate between the flour mixture and sour cream.
- Begin and end with flour.
- Blend in mashed bananas and nuts.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into large greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Test with a cake tester.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes then remove from pan to cooling rack.
This was outstanding!! I don't have a lot of experience cooking with Splenda, but this bread turned out beautifully and the taste was fantastic!!! I did notice one of thing about the recipe - when I calculated the point value using etools, I came up with 3 pts. per slice. I noticed that the recipe was entered last April before the new flex points went into effect. That is probably why the point value is a little different. Thank you for this recipe - it was definitely a keeper.