Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One sad overripe banana looking for a new lease of life and the remains of a carton of sour cream? That's how this recipe came together one morning. They're moist and flavoursome without the banana knocking your socks off. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to Gas 4/180C350°F.
- Prepare muffin tin with paper liners/spray with Pam.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Peel, chop and mash banana.
- Lightly beat egg and add to banana, followed by sour cream, vanilla extract and finally melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Add wet to dry mixture and gently combine ensuring not to overwork batter. Add chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute batter between six muffin cups, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at Gas 4/350F/180C for 30 minutes until golden.
Simply delicious. This muffin is full of flavor, moist, soft and incredibly yummy while still warm and the chips are still warm. Really, whats not to love! Made for PAC, Spring 2014.
Awesome muffins!!!! I not normally a fan of banana cake or muffins but happened to have some small bobby bananas well past their use by date and didn't want to throw them out. I loved the description you used in your intro though expected I'd need way more sour cream but had everything on hand. Perfect recipe if you don't want heaps of leftovers. Btw these made 15 mini muffins
BY FAR the best muffins I have ever made. We usually make a batch of muffins and they sit on the counter for a week or so... these ones were gone within an hour. I Sprinkled a tiny bit of brown sugar on top before we baked them. ABSOULTELY delicious.