Recipe by Fili Eve
One sad overripe banana looking for a new lease of life and the remains of a carton of sour cream? That's how this recipe came together one morning. They're moist and flavoursome without the banana knocking your socks off. Enjoy!
Top Review by Annacia
Simply delicious. This muffin is full of flavor, moist, soft and incredibly yummy while still warm and the chips are still warm. Really, whats not to love! Made for PAC, Spring 2014.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large banana (mashed 1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (melted)
- 1⁄8 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (feel free to add more!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to Gas 4/180C350°F.
- Prepare muffin tin with paper liners/spray with Pam.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl, whisk and set aside.
- Melt butter in microwave.
- Peel, chop and mash banana.
- Lightly beat egg and add to banana, followed by sour cream, vanilla extract and finally melted butter. Whisk until smooth.
- Add wet to dry mixture and gently combine ensuring not to overwork batter. Add chocolate chips.
- Evenly distribute batter between six muffin cups, sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at Gas 4/350F/180C for 30 minutes until golden.