Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Oh, what a bread! One of my favorites.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 medium sized)
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- FOR THE BREAD: Beat together first 6 ingredients until blended. Stir in the remaining ingredients until dry ingredients are just moistened. Do not over-mix.
- Divide batter between 4 greased and lightly floured mini-loaf foil pans (6x3x2 inches), place pans on a cookie sheet, and bake in a 325°F oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until a cake tester, inserted in center, comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for 15 minutes and then remove from pans and continue cooling on a rack. When cool, drizzle top with Chocolate Glaze (optional, but very good, indeed). Yields 4 mini-loaves.
- You can make this into 12 muffins (2 1/2 x 1 1/4 inches) Or 2 (8x4-inch loaf pans), Or 1 (9x5-inch loaf pan. Adjust cooking time and check with a cake tester, inserted in center, until it comes out clean.
- For the chocolate Glaze: Stir together chocolate and melted butter until well blended.
- Easiest & Best! Coffee Cakes and Quick Breads.
This is the absolute best Banana Bread recipe... The chocolate glaze gave it a little something extra. I live at a high altitude area of Colorado, so baking can be a real concern. No problems with this bread at all. It turned out just beautiful.<br/>Thanks for sharing.<br/>connies1944
Really yummy! I made 12 regular sized muffins and 15 mini muffins. I made them without chocolate chips. I'm not sure that I would love the chocolate, but might give it a try next time. I love the sour cream addition. Thanks for the great recipe!