Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Awesome, moist easy recipe from Chicago Tribune food section.
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups roughly mashed bananas
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F Beat eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla in lg bowl with electric mixer until smooth and flowing, about 2 minutes.
- Add bananas and walnuts; mix to combine.
- Add sour cream, flour, baking powder, baking soda.
- Mix to combine.
- Transfer batter to greased 9 x 5 x 5 1/4 inches bread pan.
- Smooth surface with spatula.
- Bake until browned and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 55 minutes.
- Cool in pan; wrap in foil.
- Can be kept up to 3 days at room temperature.
- Can also be frozen.
This is a very moist bread, but it is missing something! It doesn't taste banana enough or sweet enough either. Otherwise it is full proof and presents well.
This is wonderful, better than my regular go to bread. I left out the nuts becasue I forgot to add them in, otherwise made exactly as directed. I did hae to bake about 10 minutes longer but I think that's because I used a slightly smaller bread pan...but it still came out baked perfectly all the way through and moist and smelled so fantastic! Thanks!
This was sooo good! It's going to be my regular banana bread recipe from now on!