Recipe by Heidi Swanson
This is a moist, delicious banana bread i have been baking for a long time. I like to make large banana muffins to take to work. By making muffins, you can add walnuts to some and not others. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Madame Blueberry
I have made this recipe countless times, and it always turns out great. I have subbed plain yogurt, or 1/2c skim milk with a teaspoon of lemon juice for the sour cream, and it works fine. I even realized someone had eaten my bananas after I had already started making this, so I subbed 1c unsweetened applesauce and 1t cinnamon- it was delicious! Thank you for posting!
- 236.59 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar and oil.
- Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour, salt and soda; mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into a large greased and floured loaf pan, or two smaller pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- You can also make muffins with this batter.