Recipe by Heidi Swanson
This is a moist, delicious banana bread i have been baking for a long time. I like to make large banana muffins to take to work. By making muffins, you can add walnuts to some and not others. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Madame Blueberry
I have made this recipe countless times, and it always turns out great. I have subbed plain yogurt, or 1/2c skim milk with a teaspoon of lemon juice for the sour cream, and it works fine. I even realized someone had eaten my bananas after I had already started making this, so I subbed 1c unsweetened applesauce and 1t cinnamon- it was delicious! Thank you for posting!
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat sugar and oil.
- Add eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour, salt and soda; mix until well blended.
- Pour batter into a large greased and floured loaf pan, or two smaller pans.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- You can also make muffins with this batter.