My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (3 large)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Grease and flour a 15-1/2 x 10-1/2 x 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- 3In bowl of a stand mixer combine sugar, sour cream, butter and eggs on low speed for 1 minute; scrape the sides of the bowl once or twice to ensure that the ingredients are all combined.
- 4Add the bananas and vanilla and beat for 30 seconds on low speed.
- 5Add the flour, salt and baking soda and beat until combined; medium speed, scraping bowl when necessary, for about 1 minute.
- 6Fold in the nuts, if desired.
- 7Spread dough in prepared pan; use a spatula to get the dough evenly spread on the pan.
- 8Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
- 9Cool in the pan.
- 10Prepare the frosting by heating the butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat until slightly frothy and just brown but not burned; remove from heat.
- 11Mix in the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk; whisk until smooth and fluffy.
- 12Spread frosting on cooled cake.
- 13Cut into 2 x 2 inch bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Banana Bars with Brown Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1673 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 138.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 16.2 g
- Protein 1.6 g