Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This recipe has been around FOREVER in my family. When I was growing up I don't think the pan ever had the chance to cool before they were all gone! They're sooo moist and wonderful! Note: you can make these in a 9x13 pan, they'll just be more like banana cake :) Make sure to check for "done-ness" in the center with a toothpick before removing from the oven. Top with Brown Butter Frosting Recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, Mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Grease and flour jelly roll pan.
- Cream butter and sugar, add sour cream and eggs and beat for 1 minute. Add bananas and vanilla - mix well. Beat in flour, salt, and soda on medium for 1 minute. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour and spread dough in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then frost with Brown Butter Frosting.
This is a real winner in my book. Made it exactly as-is. Thank you for the recipe. I can tell its going to be my go-to recipe for what to do with bananas. :-)
This was a big hit. I used creme fraiche because I didn't have sour cream. They were moist and delicious. Thanks for sharing.
Just made these and they are delicious! I used a cream cheese frosting instead of brown butter (prsonal preference). Increased walnuts to 1 cup and baked for 40 minutes (the center wasn't cooked at 25 minutes). Will make this again! Thank you!