Recipe by Jollymae
This recipe has been around FOREVER in my family. When I was growing up I don't think the pan ever had the chance to cool before they were all gone! They're sooo moist and wonderful! Note: you can make these in a 9x13 pan, they'll just be more like banana cake :) Make sure to check for "done-ness" in the center with a toothpick before removing from the oven. Top with Brown Butter Frosting Recipe
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, Mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease and flour jelly roll pan.
- Cream butter and sugar, add sour cream and eggs and beat for 1 minute. Add bananas and vanilla - mix well. Beat in flour, salt, and soda on medium for 1 minute. Stir in nuts if desired.
- Pour and spread dough in pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes, then frost with Brown Butter Frosting.