Recipe by heatherhopecs
I made this up when I had an avocado that was getting too ripe and some leftover cilantro. It's good with chips or cut-up veggies, as a topping for mexican food or baked potatoes, etc. Totally vegan and even my husband liked it.
Top Review by Marlynn West
I made this today and it was AMAZING! I used the cilantro that comes in a tube so it was just a matter of tossing everything in the food processer, pulsing a few times and done. Light and fresh. This will definitely replace my guacamole recipe. I plan on using it as a dressing for Southwestern Black Bean and Brown Rice Wraps. Yum!
- 1 (12 ounce) box soft silken tofu
- 1 large very ripe avocado
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chunky salsa (I used Trader Joe's Garlic Salsa)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce (I used the Chipotle Tabasco)
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and pit avocado, put in a LARGE mixing bowl (dip is a bit splattery when blending).
- Add entire block of tofu and salsa.
- Combine ingredients using a hand mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute or until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix on low speed until all ingredients are blended together.
- Chill for one hour and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an air-tight container.