Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Easy as pie!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1 large egg, beaten
- brown sugar, to sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Mix first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Add the butter; rub with fingers until mix resembles coarse meal.
- Make well in center; add sour cream and vanilla to the well.
- With a fork, stir sour cream mix into dry until dough forms.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface; sprinkle the apricots over.
- Knead dough until apricots are incorporated; flatten dough into 8-inch round and then cut into 8 wedges.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Brush with the egg and sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar.
- Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
This was the absolute first time I had ever eaten "a" scone, so I didnt really know what to expect. I was between a biscuit and a cake.... It's not overly sweet...just sweet enough. Thanks for the recipe.
oooooooo YUM! These were so good. And so easy. Why did I wait so long to try making scones? These even impressed my anti-carb hubby!