Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Nice served warm w/ ice cream, but good at room temp also.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temp
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream, reduced fat ok but NOT fat free
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups chopped apples, peeled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, and butter and beat until crumbly. Stir in walnuts.
- Press 2 3/4 cups ONLY of crumbly mixture in bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 pan.
- To remaining mixture, add cinnamon, nutmeg, bakingsoda, salt, sour cream, vanilla and egg; mix well.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Spoon evenly over crust base.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Nice served warm w/ ice cream.
Yum! I made this exactly as stated and it is very good. It is like an apple sheetcake full of walnuts and chooped apples, thanks Parsley!