Another family favorite from the Best of Bridge Collection of Cookbooks. This is a very different cake from any of the others posted in this site, we love the spongy texture of this cake. Somehow, it just hits the spot. It is an excellent cake served warm with whip/ice cream, or served cold and plain! Great for lunch boxes as it holds up when travelling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350F (160C).
- 2Combine flour, brown sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until crumbly.
- 3Stir in the chopped nuts (no pecans try substituting walnuts or other nuts on hand).
- 4Remove 2 3/4 cup of the crumb mixture and press into an ungreased 9"X13" baking dish.
- 5To the remaining crumb mixture in the original bowl add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla and egg.
- 6Bled this mixture very well and then stir in the apples.
- 7Spoon this mixture evenly over the crust.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 9Cut into serving sized pieces, serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream and sauce if desired.
- 10This is an excellent cake the next day served cold as well.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Apple Square
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.1
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 23.2 mg
- Sodium 143.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 18.9 g
- Protein 2.1 g