Recipe by MICHELLE burgard
I found this recipe in an old taste of home magazine and tried it out the other day. It turned out delicious and more creamy with a nice apple flavor. Very good!!!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped peeled cooking apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat eggs.
- Add sour cream.
- Stir in sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, vanilla and salt.
- Gently stir in the apples, then pour everything into the pie shell.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine butter, brown sugar and remaining flour.
- Sprinkle over top of pie and cook for 20-25 more minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool completely on rack and serve, or cover and refrigerate.