Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe enclosed with a frozen pie shell. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 1 pie crust, shell
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups apples, peeled and diced
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat oven and cookie sheet to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl, mix together egg, sour cream and extract.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in apples.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake on preheated cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 30 minutes or until golden.
- In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons softened butter.
- Mix until crumbly.
- Remove pie from oven.
- Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle topping over filling.
- Return pie to oven and bake 10 minutes more or until golden.