Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This sounds really good. Another floating recipe from my sister's office. These recipes could be between 10-30 year's old. Hope you like it. Makes a small pie.
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups finely chopped apples
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Add the egg, vanilla and the sour cream. Beat until smooth.
- Add the apples and mix well.
- Pour into an unbaked 8" pie shell, dot with butter.
- Bake in an oven at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce to 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
We really liked this pie. It was like an apple custard pie, very yummy! This was so easy to make too. I served it with whipped cream on top and a sprinkle of cinnamon, thanks for sharing this. Made this for the Comfort Cafe Snow Queen tag event.
It is the sour cream, or in my case, the creme fraiche that makes this so special! A WONDERFUL creamy filling that held the apples in place and was a delight to eat! Made for the Scandi game in Europe on a Plate, merci darlink! FT:-)
We enjoyed this pie - it had a very nice flavor and was easy to prepare. I did use a light sour cream to save calories (?) but did use real butter to finish! Thank-you for sharing this recipe.