Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Doug says it's "very good."
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
- 2 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup soft butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- Prepare pastry shell. Set aside.
- Put apples into heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat (without water) stirring occasionally, until tender. Reserve 4 slices for garnish. Mash remaining apples slightly.
- Mix sugar and flour. Gently stir into apples. Turn into pastry shell. Beat together sour cream, egg and vanilla. Pour over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Sprinkle toping around edges of pie. Arrange reserved apple slices in center. Bake 10 minutes longer. Cool slightly before cutting.
- Mix brown sugar, flower and cinnamon. With hands work in butter.