Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made these this morning and they were so good. Light but tasty. Original recipe from Pampered Chef From the Heart Cookbook with some minor alterations by me.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 cups peeled cored and shredded apples (about 1 large apple)
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, combine apples, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Add apple mixture to dry ingredients.
- Stir until just blended.
- Lightly grease griddle or large skillet with butter or Pam.
- Heat griddle to 350-375 degrees, or heat skillet over medium heat.
- Pour heaping 1/2 cup batter onto griddle and cook until bubbles form and tops look dry. (The time to cook may vary depending on how large you make your pancakes) It took mine about 10-15 minutes on each side using 350 degree).
- Turn pancakes and cook until golden brown on bottom.
- Serve with your favorite syrup and enjoy.
Great pancakes that the family loved!
I have made these many times over the years. These are my husbands favorite pancakes. They are so full of flavor that syrup is really not needed. Truly yummy!
Lovely recipe - wonderful light, moist pancakes with a delicate cinnamon-apple flavour. Thanks for posting.