Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a really good coffee cake. It's hard to eat just ONE piece.
Make and share this Sour Cream & Apple Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl mix nuts, cinnamon, and 1 cup of the sugar; set aside.
- Cream butter and the rest (1 cup) of sugar, beating until light and fluffy with electric mixer on high.
- Add Eggs one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda, beating well.
- Add sour cream; mix well.
- Spread 1/2 of the batter in a 9 or 10 inch square pan.
- Top with all of the slices of apples. Over the top of the apples put 1/2 of the nut, sugar, cinnamon mixture.
- Add remaining batter and then sprinkle remaining nut mixture over all.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Set out of oven on wire rack for 30 minutes.
- Loosen edges, lift out and let cool.
Everybody in the family LOVED this! I think I made this in an 8x8 inch square pan. I sprinkled some brown sugar on top, gave it a nice cruchy crust.
Delicious! Very easy to make. Bake time was in 9x9 Pyrex dish was over 60 minutes. Cooled cake is 2 3/4 inches high at the center. I'll definitely use this recipe again!
Delicious!! This goes together very quickly and easily. I had to bake it in a 7x11" pan, so it needed to cook about 5-10 mins. longer. My family loved this and gave it 2-thumbs up. Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe.