Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe given to me by a friend. Make sure the apples don't touch the sides of the bundt pan....this will prevent the cake sticking to the pan.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts (shopped fine)
- 1 cup diced apple
- Cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla, flour baking soda and salt.
- Beat till smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Grease a tube of bundt pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the pan.
- Add 1/2 of the sugar/cinnamon/nut mixture.
- Add 'all' of the apples.
- Add remaining batter.
- Add remainder of the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Excellent moist cake. Used Gala apples and doubled the amount. Doubled the topping as others mentioned, but I read wrong and used 2 tablespoons butter in stead of 2 teaspoons, so I added a couple tablespoons each of rolled oats and flour. It was wonderful.
The cake was wonderful, soft inside and crunchy outside (nuts!).
I've used our apples and nuts from the garden and yogurt instead of sour cream. This worked very well.
As I have sooooo many apples, I used about 700 g (peeled and sliced). Mmmhh... i will keep this recipe in my favorites!
Thanks a lot