Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great recipe given to me by a friend. Make sure the apples don't touch the sides of the bundt pan....this will prevent the cake sticking to the pan.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup nuts (shopped fine)
- 1 cup diced apple
- Cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Add eggs, sour cream, vanilla, flour baking soda and salt.
- Beat till smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon and nuts.
- Grease a tube of bundt pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the cake batter into the pan.
- Add 1/2 of the sugar/cinnamon/nut mixture.
- Add 'all' of the apples.
- Add remaining batter.
- Add remainder of the filling.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
The cake was wonderful, soft inside and crunchy outside (nuts!).
I've used our apples and nuts from the garden and yogurt instead of sour cream. This worked very well.
As I have sooooo many apples, I used about 700 g (peeled and sliced). Mmmhh... i will keep this recipe in my favorites!
Thanks a lot