1/1 Photo of Sour Cream Apple Cake
1 hr 30 mins
I posted this recipe in answer to a message board request. It is a family favorite that I make frequently in the Fall (when the apples are in season). I only use red delicious apples because of their flavour and because they do not get "too mushy" when baked in the cake.
My Private Note
Bundt c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil (not olive)
- 473.18 ml sugar (white, granulated)
- 3 eggs
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 709.77 ml flour (all-purpose)
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml chopped walnuts
- 709.77 ml Red Delicious apples, peeled cored and thickly sliced or cut into chunks (about 3-4 apples)
- 1In a bowl, sift together the flour, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder, and set aside.
- 2In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, 1/2 cup nuts and cinnamon together, and set aside (for topping).
- 3In a large bowl, with electric mixer, beat oil and sugar together until creamy.
- 4Add eggs and beat until mixture is fluffy.
- 5Stir in sour cream (by hand).
- 6Stir in flour mixture (by hand), batter will be very thick.
- 7Add vanilla, apples and 1 cup nuts, and blend well.
- 8Pour mixture into a buttered& floured bundt pan (or 9-inch tube pan).
- 9Sprinkle the sugar/nut topping mixture over the top of the batter.
- 10Bake for about 60 to 75 minutes in a preheated 350°F oven (or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- 11Cool cake in pan, on rack for about 15 minutes.
- 12Remove cake from pan, and finish cooling on rack.
- 13In a small bowl, mix the powdered sugar together with enough milk to make a glaze that is thin enough to drizzle over the top of the cake (in thin squiggly strands).
- 14When cake is completely cooled, drizzle the glaze across the top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (2008 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 6973.5
- Calories from Fat 3568
- Total Fat 396.4 g
- Saturated Fat 70.8 g
- Cholesterol 677.6 mg
- Sodium 4371.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 802.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 33.6 g
- Sugars 479.7 g
- Protein 90.2 g