Recipe by Cinda Lu
I received this recipe over 30 years ago from a friend at our church. It is so easy and quick to prepare. It is pretty and is tasty enough to serve guests or for a holiday get-together. The thing I like about it the most is that it is semi-homemade.
Top Review by Backwoods Foodie
Cinda! This is a great recipe! It reminds me of a recipe that my mom used to make when I was a kid. My son and hubby devoured it! Thanks so much for posting. I will definitely be using this recipe again!!
- 1⁄2 cup room temperature butter
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 20 ounces apple pie filling (I use my home canned filling)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 egg yolks (or one whole egg)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut soft butter into dry cake mix and pat into bottom of 9x13 cake pan, raising on sides.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Arrange apple slices onto warm crust. Mix the cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle over apple pie filling.
- Mix sour cream and egg, pour over apples. Top with cocoanut.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Serve warm.