Recipe by *Kristi*
This one is soooooooo good! Chicken comes out super moist and tender. Another recipe from my Mom. This will be one you'll be again and again once you try it. Make sure to use the regular stuffing, not the cubed kind. This recipe works well with Perdue thin sliced chicken as well. Just depends on how thick you want the chicken to be. Sour cream and stuffing amounts are not exact. If you use more chicken you will need more of each.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 cups Pepperidge Farm Herb Stuffing (unprepared)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Smother sour cream on both sides of the chicken.
- Sour cream needs to be slathered on thick.
- Dump stuffing mix out onto a flat plate.
- Press sour cream coated chicken into stuffing so that you cover both sides of chicken with as much stuffing as possible.
- Heat 1/2 stick of butter in the bottom of a large casserole baking dish until melted.
- Add chicken to the dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put another 1/2 stick of butter into dish.
- Flip chicken over and bake for another 30-45 minutes (cook time may vary depending on how thick the chicken you use is).