Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This one is soooooooo good! Chicken comes out super moist and tender. Another recipe from my Mom. This will be one you'll be again and again once you try it. Make sure to use the regular stuffing, not the cubed kind. This recipe works well with Perdue thin sliced chicken as well. Just depends on how thick you want the chicken to be. Sour cream and stuffing amounts are not exact. If you use more chicken you will need more of each.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Smother sour cream on both sides of the chicken.
- Sour cream needs to be slathered on thick.
- Dump stuffing mix out onto a flat plate.
- Press sour cream coated chicken into stuffing so that you cover both sides of chicken with as much stuffing as possible.
- Heat 1/2 stick of butter in the bottom of a large casserole baking dish until melted.
- Add chicken to the dish and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and put another 1/2 stick of butter into dish.
- Flip chicken over and bake for another 30-45 minutes (cook time may vary depending on how thick the chicken you use is).
This is wonderful. So glad I made extra cause I can have some again tomorrow. Yum.
Excellent. Today I will add a bit of crushed Macademia Nuts just because my husband said, "I wonder what crushed Macademia nuts would add to it." I would just leave it alone but he gets to have his say too. Might be excellent that way. I'll add a comment later. Friend's wife died, taking this dish to his home. Many relatives coming from out of town to be fed. I expect to hear some very complementary comments. (Unless the Macademia nuts ruin it!) I don't expect they will !!!.
We love this recipe, but we made a low-fat version of it. We leave out the butter altogether and we coat the chicken with fat-free sour cream. It still has a wonderful flavor and is very moist too without the guilt! We tried it first with the butter and loved it! But my daughter wanted something lowfat. So both ways, it is delicious! It's now in our regular "rotation" of dinners!