Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is comfort food in a soup bowl for me.
- 5 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups peeled and diced potatoes (about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot or 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup cold water
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chervil
- In a 3 quart pot combine water, potatoes and bouillon.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Mash potatoes but do not drain.
- Add pepper, salt and cumin, simmer 10 minutes.
- Blend arrowroot or cornstarch into cold water until it is dissolved.
- Pour into milk and stir slowly into soup.
- Blend sour cream into soup and heat but do not boil.
- Sprinkle with chervil and serve immediately.
Easy to make tasty soup recipe, I had no chervil so I used the green parts of spring onions, served with Nicole Brummetts The Ultimate Grilled Cheese recipe for a meatless dinner.
Great, easy soup! I added 1 lb. ground sausage after i mashed the potatoes to add some meat and extra flavor. It was super. I did not have chervil, so I substituted parley flakes. They did fine. The finished soup reminds me of Olive Garden's "Zuppa Tuscana." YUM.