This is comfort food in a soup bowl for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups water
- 2 1/2 cups peeled and diced potatoes (about 3 large potatoes)
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot or 1/2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup light cream
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chervil
- 1In a 3 quart pot combine water, potatoes and bouillon.
- 2Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
- 3Mash potatoes but do not drain.
- 4Add pepper, salt and cumin, simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Blend arrowroot or cornstarch into cold water until it is dissolved.
- 6Pour into milk and stir slowly into soup.
- 7Blend sour cream into soup and heat but do not boil.
- 8Sprinkle with chervil and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream and Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (526 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.6
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 654.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable bouillon cubes