Recipe by Engrossed
Simple and delicious! I usually put a layer of peeled baby carrots under the salmon, spray them with oil and season them with creole seasoning & garlic powder. Enjoy!
Top Review by Chef Smig52
Used this recipe for Mahi Mahi and cooked the fish over cauliflower instead of carrots. What a flavor complement! Served with Charddonay, Yellow cherry tomato, fresh mozzerella, basil and pesto salad with balsamic and EVOO, and served with Candied sweet potato side dish. So happy I have left overs
- 3 lbs fresh salmon fillets, boneless & skinless (frozen works too but cooks longer)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 onion, sliced very thin, recipe calls for grated
- 1 lemon, juice of
- season salt, I use Tony Chachere's Creole
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Spray baking sheet with 1/2" sides with oil.
- Place Salmon on it or a bed of seasoned carrots and then Salmon.
- Squeeze lemon juice over Salmon.
- Sprinkle seasoned salt over Salmon.
- Spread sour cream over Salmon.
- Layer onions over sour cream (make sure your onions are sliced VERY thin or are grated so that they melt into the sour cream).
- Bake 30 minutes to an hour (depending on if you're using frozen fish and carrots) until fish is tender and flakes easily. Sauce should be rich and slightly brown.