Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
when i google "how to make powdered sour cream" i get a page to patent my idea. i think that's a bad sign. this is my logic, it may or may not work. if you try it let me know how it went! i would use pre-made powdered sour cream but it's about $35 plus shipping for one tin. i think not.
- 2 tablespoons powdered milk (or powdered buttermilk maybe?)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dill
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (i'm thinking the powdered kraft type)
- stir all together.
- adjust for taste and put in a shaker container.
- add liberally to buttered popcorn, chips, crackers, whatever.
I made homemade pretzels this afternoon and my son wanted some of "that sour cream and onion stuff like the pretzel place in the mall." I searched and found this recipe. I thought it tasted great - and my son gave it a thumbs up. Thanks for posting.
This reminded me of the chips with vinegar.Powdered buttermilk might give it a different flavor.
just wanted to let you know I found amish country sour cream & onion dressing in spices at ben franklin's country corner last year. $4.50 a large spice jar.