Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Creamy potatoes full of oniony flavor. You can also make this with twice baked potatoes. Can be prepared and frozen for later date.
- 4 -5 lbs russet potatoes (10 potatoes peeled and quartered, or scrubbed and left whole)
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 (7/8 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- Boil potatoes in salted water till tender.
- Rice potatoes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir inches
- Season lightly with salt if desired. The soup mix is salty so be careful.
- Twice baked option:.
- Bake washed whole picked potatoes for 1 hour at 400 degrees, slice in half, remove potatoes leaving 1/4 inch skin intact, rice the potatoes and mix in the remaining ingredients, stuff, topped with butter and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
What a yummy way with spuds. If your making mashed potatoes this is no extra trouble at all and it sure pep's up the flavor. I used less onion soup that ask for because I found that a little of this concentrated mix went a long way (and no extra salt was needed). This will be a popular addition to your table. Made for Rita's win of Recipe of the Day in Comfort Cafe, Jan '10.