1/2 Photos of Sour Cream and Onion Chicken
I got this recipe from a friend and it is a huge hit in our house! We make mashed potatos with this dish and pour the sauce all over it. We sometimes make more sauce to have for this dish since it is so yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml fresh breadcrumb (I've used Progesso Italian)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml paprika
- 354.88 ml of melted margarine
- 4 whole chicken breasts (8 halves)
- 354.88 ml onions, chopped into eighths
- 1Combine all coating ingredients (except butter.
- 2Dip chicken into melted butter.
- 3Coat chicken with crumb mixture.
- 4Reserve remaining crumbs.
- 5Put chicken in 9 X 13 pans.
- 6Put onions on top of chicken and around pan.
- 7Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over onions.
- 8Drizzle w/remaining butter.
- 9Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- 10To make sauce:.
- 11Melt butter in pan.
- 12Stir in flour (stir for a little bit).
- 13add sour cream, green onion and pepper and stir for one or two more minutes.
- 14If sauce is too thick, add a little milk.
- 15Pour over cooked chicken and save some for mashed potatos!
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sour Cream and Onion Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1041.8
- Calories from Fat 763
- Total Fat 84.8 g
- Saturated Fat 26.1 g
- Cholesterol 168.9 mg
- Sodium 953.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 46.5 g