I got this recipe from a friend and it is a huge hit in our house! We make mashed potatos with this dish and pour the sauce all over it. We sometimes make more sauce to have for this dish since it is so yummy!
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb (I've used Progesso Italian)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 cups of melted margarine
- 4 whole chicken breasts (8 halves)
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped into eighths
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Combine all coating ingredients (except butter.
- Dip chicken into melted butter.
- Coat chicken with crumb mixture.
- Reserve remaining crumbs.
- Put chicken in 9 X 13 pans.
- Put onions on top of chicken and around pan.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over onions.
- Drizzle w/remaining butter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- To make sauce:.
- Melt butter in pan.
- Stir in flour (stir for a little bit).
- add sour cream, green onion and pepper and stir for one or two more minutes.
- If sauce is too thick, add a little milk.
- Pour over cooked chicken and save some for mashed potatos!