Recipe by Chef Dudo
We usually ate it for lunch on a Friday so that we wouldn't be too stuffed for the Shabbat meal. It's light and tasty especially with rye bread. Agreed, you have to like beetroots to enjoy the salad (and I do). Prep. time does not include chilling
- 5 medium beets, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced scallion
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beets in boiling water 35-40 minutes until tender (or buy diced pre-cooked, then you can forget steps 2 and 3).
- Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool.
- Peel and dice.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Add beets and mix gently but well.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley or dill.