Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
- 2 lbs potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried chives
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil and generously salt water.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Drain well. Mash potatoes together with cream cheese, sour cream, chives, salt and pepper. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Place in a storage container with the lid off and chill in refrigerator. When potatoes are cold, cover tightly with lid.
- When read to reheat potatoes, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a baking dish and spoon desired amount of potatoes into a dish. Sprinkle with paprika and dot with butter.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Use within 10 days.
The flavor of these potatoes was very good, however, we did find them to be quite dry even with the butter on the top. I will make these again but plan to add more sour cream and also butter into the potatoes when mixing them.